Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Crochet Doctor Doll, with link to the free pattern.

On Sunday night I was walking down the stairs reading a bit of paper


(not a good idea to read something whilst tackling stairs)


when I came to the very last step I missed most of it and slipped off, rolling my toes underneath my foot and I came crashing down in agony.


It was immediately obvious to me that something had broken.


After a 3 hour visit to the hospital, I arrived back at home with a pair of crutches to support my fractured foot.


Now I have lots of spare time to crochet.



Nursing my Foot.


I made a cover to keep the bandage cleaner.


I have a follow up visit with my Doctor this Thursday.


He has been my family Doctor for over 20 years and he has seen me and my family through some very rough times.


You see drawings of appreciation from children in the Doctors rooms, I can't draw for nuts, but I sure can crochet.


I have been wanting to give a token of appreciation to my doctor for a while.


So I chose to make the Doctor Who Doll.


But I left out the Who part and gave him a stethoscope to make him look more like a regular Doctor. He has the stethoscope in his ears and the white button thingy in the picture is the end of the stethoscope.Thin black plastic tubing makes up the rest of it.


It's a little hard to make out as it is black on black.







Thanks to Tracy from snuffykins journal.

Just an update here... I gave the Doctor Doll to my Doctor, he thanked me graciously and stated that he was not going to leave it in his Doctors Office where it may come to harm. I was a little nervous giving it to him, but his reaction put me at ease.