Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Crochet-There's an octopus on my hat

This is a fun project I've been working on.

A beach hat.

You can use any old hat pattern, but go for a firmer st pattern, I started to use this pattern but changed it closer to the brim.
For the octopus on the top, I used this pattern.
For the smaller octopus I did this.
ch 3, 10 dc (trbl AU) in first ch.
sl st to join, ch 5, sl st into 2nd ch from hook, ch 3, sl st into same place as beginning ch 5.
sl st into top of next dc, ch 5, sl st into 2nd ch from hook, ch 3, sl st into same dc, repeat this row 2 more times to get the eight legs.
Finish off with some eye's.
Funny, my light green octopus on the hat, has only 6 legs, the other 2 yellow one's do have the 8 legs. Oh well you may not have noticed if I didn't tell you, I'll have to go back to the hat and sl st over the top to get the 7th and 8th legs.
Or I could say he had an encounter with a shark and lost 2 legs!